
No it's not because of the dancing. Although, my girls maybe the only ones that think I am a good dancer or at least better than Elaine. It's really because...If ever I run into one of Shayne's friends (without Shayne) or I answer the phone first when one of them calls (which is always because Shayne hates talking on the phone) I'm usually at a loss for words. Me? Crazy I know. It's just, what do I say? I want to say something that is funny or interesting. So...I usually resort to, what I call the "Elaine and George" where I bring up something we have in common...Shayne. On Seinfeld, Elaine and George are always together with Jerry. Well, one episode Jerry can't go and tells them to go together. It's a little awkward. What should they talk about ? What do they have in common? Jerry. So they start talking about Jerry...funny things, embarrassing things, laughing about him. That is what I do.... I might talk about Shayne's golf game he had the other day, or something he told me that related to the person I was talking to (which later I find out he told me in confidence and I shouldn't bring up with anyone else...oops), or for a more specific example...a friend will ask me where Shayne is and I will say napping....which was the truth -once.... I'm usually the one napping. So I tease, joke, and sometimes even embarrass just so I can be cool. It's awful, I know. But in the beginning, I truly thought Shayne wouldn't care. He likes teasing and joking around and doesn't care what people think of him. Later I realized...it's different when it's me, using him as the joke. I wouldn't want him to do that to me...we should have each others backs. So now I don't do it....or at least try not to. I'm definitely flawed. You know-I'm kind of like Elaine.
7 comments:
So now, not only was I napping, now I am embarrased of my napping. Thanks for throwing me under the bus again Daisy. J/K. J/K. J/K. J/K.
See, I am definitely flawed..or amazingly clueless.
I seriously love you guys.
See Daisy, thats why when I call and you answer the phone, I always try and do a hilarious phone prank. Like ask if your refrigerator is running or something like that. At least then we dont have to talk about golf.
Thanks Josh...I knew you were just looking out for me.
Daisy,
I wish it WAS because of the dancing. Elaine has some killer rockin' dance moves. Do you remember the day we all cut out of the senior award ceremony and headed to your house to crank the music (what soundtrack was it?) and DANCED like CRAZY? good times!!! killer rockin' dance moves!!!
Yes...ahhh..the memories!
Post a Comment