Maybe I should explain the title of my blog. I never really considered myself a very lucky person, in fact I'm mostly unlucky and the only other person more unlucky is my husband...so that is not a good combo. I never win anything, nothing is ever just handed over, and unlucky things just happen to me, especially growing up: I always went to the Valentine's Tea and the performance assembly at the end of the school year, with the most nerdy or smelly boy in the class. Except in 3rd grade, I got paired with another girl because there weren't enough boys (sad...but this, I actually thought was lucky). And then in 5th grade I surprisingly got paired up with the boy I had a crush on all year....but because we didn't have enough boys again, another girl got to dance with him too...so I only danced 1/2 the dance...see unlucky. Now days, it's things like being all ready to watch a favorite T.V show and finding out it didn't record (I hate that, T.V. is just way to important). Or always picking the slowest line at the grocery store checkout ...never fails. Or not cooking the hamburger first before putting it in with the casserole for a Shepard's Pie dish. (Don't worry we didn't eat it and now I know and have made it since, yummy...especially with my homemade mashed potatoes). Okay, that's enough examples for the moment, but unluckiness happens to me....of course I also think sometimes maybe the things that happen to other people make them more lucky. Thus making me feel unlucky. Interesting.
But I guess I realized that I'm lucky where it counts. I have an awesome husband, 4 beautiful daughters (don't feel sorry for me...I don't, not yet anyway, ask me again when they are all teenagers), we live in a great neighborhood (this maybe our biggest luck of all..building our house before the housing market skyrocketed), good friends, I could go on...but you know, lucky where it counts. So the titular line : "I know...that I am, I am the luckiest" comes from a Ben Folds song called The Luckiest. And that's me. Great song by the way!
Insider Info: I first heard this song on a CD that Shayne made me for Valentine's Day. Nice, I know...but if you know him you would know it really is GREAT because he is not a fan of V-day. Anyway, his instructions to me, when he gave me the CD were get a tissue ready when you listen to the last song.."The Luckiest". All the songs on there were super, but that one...wipe a tear...see I am the luckiest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I don't know about Shayne being so unlucky...how many Sunny 93 contests has he won? There are a lot of loyal listeners out there like him, competing for those prizes, and I know he's won a few.
I guess that is true...and I meant he is mostly unlucky, not necessarily more unlucky than me. I also think he would say that winning those prizes took skill, not luck.
I, too, love that song. really really. My husband also makes me mix cd's for v-day and anniversarys... I love it. You are lucky where it counts Daisy... yes, yes-- me too.
I guess I have to buy the song on itunes now. How lucky would I be if we lived close??? Maggie and Ruby would be best friends and we could send them on spying missions. What a lucky childhood I had with you around the corner.
Dude, Valentines Day sucks as much as Ben Folds rules and that is tons. With BFF we are all lucky, and being married, kids, all that stuff, that is cool too.
I think winning contests on Sunny 93 could be considered unlucky. Or maybe just loser-ish. I've always considered myself clumsy, which is kinda like being unlucky. I seem to run out of gas, bang my car into all sorts of things, break dishes and stub my toe an awful lot.
Post a Comment