Thursday, March 29, 2007

Tell me how it is...Zing!

Clayre and Parly. Cute sisters!

The other night, Shayne sneezed and Clayre said, "Dad, you achoo like a girl." Zing.

Clayre has always been very matter-of-fact. She just tells you how it is. You can never be sure what your children will say when you are not around (or even when you are), and out of all of my girls, Clayre is one that I just never know what she is going to say. Her older sister seems to have the sensitivity gene and so, she is aware, almost beyond her years, that things she might say could hurt someone's feelings.

Then there's Clayre's younger sister..no worries. .. very few people can really understand what she is saying. It's Clayre that has had her share of classic moments. Once she asked one of our friends soon after having a baby why her tummy was still big if the baby was already out. I was right there and could see the horror on this first-time mom's face....so I quickly explained that the baby was just a few days old and tried to apologize to our friend. Not good. What can you really say?

Another time... Clayre didn't want to go to her new primary class: she has two male primary teachers and so she was a little nervous. I asked her how her first time in class went and she told me that a lady in the Primary Presidency was trying to get her to go and so she told her that both of her teachers were really funny and that she would have fun if she went. Clayre then said, "But mom, they were not funny..and I kept waiting for them to say something funny but they never did." Nice!


Of course sometimes her blatant honesty can come in handy. Here's a good story...a couple nights ago Shayne was dishing out ice cream for me and himself. Clayre came upstairs and said, "Mom, is your ice cream the one in the bowl?" I said, "Probably, why?" She then went on to report, "Because I saw Daddy fill up a glass
full of ice cream for him and then put a little bit in a bowl." Zing and Busted! I later asked Shayne about it...laughing.. he told me that he had filled his up with milk, so it just probably looked like more.

Thanks for the heads up, Clayre.

5 comments:

Shayne said...

uh..... yeah! The milk totally made it look like I had made myself more ice cream. That was totally it.

Brooke said...

That Clayre is a zinger (and a very cute one indeed)! But it's funny that none of the stories are about Daisy getting zinged...either we're not getting the full vision here, or else Daisy never gets caught by the candid Clayre. Probably because of some sneaky mirror trick.

Amy said...

hahaha... cutest little girls! great stories daisy. I love it. (and funny that it all sounds WAY familiar...)

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest picture of the girls!

sadie said...

Did you forget how Clayre is always "zinging" me--asking me if I am pregnant or why my belly is bigger than her mommy's. Doh.