Thursday, July 12, 2007

Shayne's B-day

So Shayne had his birthday yesterday. You may think that I am a horrible wife and that I forgot his birthday. Not this year (a story for another time). I purposely did not post this entry until after his birthday, see Shayne does not like to make a big deal about his birthdays. In fact, a perfect birthday to him would probably be just be like any other great day that includes: 18 holes of golf with friends and his new totally awesome golf bag, possibly a dinner out, definitely no fights with his wife and maybe even little something/something later, BUT most especially....a day without any mention of his birthday. Side note: Except from maybe his children ....another excuse for him to get kiss and hug.

Okay since it is not his birthday I can now safely say, "Happy Birthday, Shayne!" (I did say it to him yesterday, but not so everyone could hear...read.) Now I want to take this time to say how awesome Shayne is.
  1. He could not be more funnier. Proof: his blog and Christmas cards
  2. He is a great dad. Proof: I am devastated when he leaves for more than a few days, because I will miss him? No, well a little. But mostly because I won't have his help with taking care of the 4 little brats at home.
  3. He is good at his job. And works hard when he's not....see #4
  4. He plays hard. Enjoying golf...a lot.
  5. He's smart. Proof: he can knock out those Sudoku puzzles in minutes and don't forget the good old crossword puzzles.
  6. He has great taste in T.V. shows, movies, and music. Proof: an amazing music collection, also we enjoy most T.V. shows together: The office, 30 Rock, King of Queens, Amazing Race, So You Think You Can Dance, just to name a few... J/K on the last one.
  7. Some say when it comes to spending money, he is stingy, thrifty, cheap, tight, maybe even a tightwad. But I will say he is frugal. Sometimes this trait is hard on ME...not always getting what I want, NOW! But his careful, penny-pinching, pocket preserving ways are what got us to where we are today. Living in a beautiful home in an amazing neighborhood, enjoying a great life... on a budget mind you, all because of his hard work and practical ways.
  8. He is a great husband. Proof: for one thing he is very thoughtful MOST of the time...like when he surprised me for my birthday. And then for all the reasons I said earlier (see #1-#7). Shayne likes to tell me that I have it great, being married to him ... and maybe I don't like to admit it to him right then, because I would be agreeing and then he would win....But right now I will say it....YES, I DO HAVE IT GREAT BEING MARRIED TO SHAYNE!
So...Happy Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You truly are the luckiest indeed.

Signed,

Rutager

nana said...

Great birthday message... we did make the birthday call... had lemon juice to sharpen the singing... but always the birthday man... and wife were always playing..

Amy said...

good reasons dais.

happy birthday shayne.

sadie said...

That Shayne...he's a pretty neat guy.