Getting everyone in costumes this year without spending a cent. Priceless. Literally. Here's how it ended up looking:
Kate: Porcelain Doll- or China doll as she calls it. Used a dress that we got from Shayne's cousin, Athena who wore it when she was a little girl. $0
Shayne: Old Man- clothes came out of his closet, YES he shaved 1/2 his head, cane brought over by Susan. $0
What a cute and cheap family.
8 comments:
holy mother of all things not right. Jeff told me shayne was rockin' the old fart thing last night but having the pleasure of viewing it myself this morning actually took my breath away. What the heck does he have shoved down his pants? Not many would shave the noggin for such a cause...halloween. lovin that. AND loving the fact that you did costumes for FREE. You two are a wonder:)
I have never laughed harder at Shayne. That costume deserves more recognition than I can give. You totally made me want to dress up next year.
I spent $3 on Halloween costumes this year--Harry's red Wild Force Power Ranger costume was sitting in a children's second-hand store, just waiting for us to pick it up. And we borrowed Miles' costume from our friends.
Oh my gosh. Shayne looks hilarious. I don't know him at all, but I read his blog from time to time too, he is one funny guy!! What an adorable family you have.
I only wish you all could have witnesses the "live act". Shayne was shouting and rambling on in an old man voice. It was hilarious.
"Merry Christmas"
"Hey, get off my property!"
"Candy? What's candy? Here's ya a can of green beans."
Those were a few old man Shayneisms.
Oh how I wish I could have seen this in the flesh.
I am laughing so hard I can hardly type. You guys are a riot!!!! You better put that last Halloween picture on your blog as your permament family picture. Seriously!!! Good job on the FREE costumes. Wish I could have been as thrifty (not for lack of trying though :)
I came across your blog on Rachels page and got quite a chuckle out of your Halloween outfits, especially Shayne's. Doesn't it make you feel good to know you have a husband who doesn't care what people think? He he.
I can't get over the photo of Shayne. That is freaking hilarious!!!!!! You guys are an adorable family. Shayne is pretty handsome too when not in costume. ;)
Post a Comment