
Sometimes as a mom, I feel guilty that I don't make my kids fun and exciting snacks. You know the kind that have faces and shapes, lots of colors, and maybe even variety to them.... and then of course they are very healthy for you.
One day it came to me ... something very simple...an idea that turned out to save me from all that work. A toothpick! Yep. This simple tool is brilliance. So now snack time or even lunch time is like a party every day.
Here it is.. easy just 2 steps::
Step 1: cut some food in small chunks. Ex. cheese, strawberries, or my kids favorite apples (sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar).
Step 2: get out the trusty old tooth pick. And wahh-law.
It's amazing how a simple sliver of wood can be the difference between..."boring old apples for a snack again"- t0- "Yes! apples! Yummy!"
WARNING: I must admit here: I only have girls so the urge to poke, jab, or pierce someone does not happen at our table. If you have boys....well...good luck to YOU!
6 comments:
I love how you always come up with these fun and easy ideas. It makes me laugh. I'm all about easy.
I knew it all came down to something.
The fact that it is toothpicks makes it a sweet victory for all of us, but especially for the logging industry.
It's true, though. Toothpicks make a big difference. I made lil' smokies the other day, but wouldn't you know it, we were fresh out of toothpicks.
It just wasn't the same eating lil' smokies with a fork.
sorry, but it's actually illegal to eat lil' smokies (or...teeny weenies, as I call them) with a fork.
tooth picks huh? It was right in front of me the WHOLE DERN TIME.
too too funny! Who would have thought... You daughters must be so dignified! All Kitty will eat is marshmallows these days. I am sure she would like it even better with a toothpick! :)
genious. I am going to try it tomorrow. maybe Ty will eat something OTHER than pb &j's if it comes on a toothpick.
dais, you need to write a book "how to be the best mom ever."
Post a Comment