Tuesday, April 1, 2008

It's a boy....finally!

Some of you may know that Shayne and I have discussed adopting a baby. A boy baby, because we are not able to produce one ourselves. Well, we decided to go ahead with all the paper work a few months ago. We have kept it sort of hush-hush since the selection process can take a while. It happened a lot faster than we expected. I guess the birth mom felt bad enough for Shayne having to raise only girls and picked us because of it. We are pretty excited. I'm not sure I'm all ready for the whole newborn thing again, but I have a lot of little helpers. Here's a picture of me and the little guy. The verdict is still out on the name. Good thing Shayne didn't release our list of boy's names yet.




Actually, this picture is of me and my newest nephew, CJ. I got to spend a weekend with my little sister who just had a baby. It was so great! I guess I was a lot of help. I'm a big advocate for breastfeeding. I enjoyed nursing my 4 girls and worked at WIC for a little while helping other moms with breastfeeding problems. Since this is her first baby, I offered to come and help her out with the whole nursing thing.

It feels good to make things really truly easier for someone, just by giving of myself. My knowledge. My time. It wasn't hard, but it came from me. I did help her with breastfeeding. I know she would have done it and done it well without me, but it was nice to help her gain her own confidence. I was able to take away a lot of the guess work and endless questions we have when it comes to nursing a newborn and that allowed her to be able to focus on recovering and healing. I got to spend two amazing nights sleeping with a beautiful little infant laying on my chest so Sadie could get a few more hours of desperately needed sleep. What's the perfect gift for a new mom? Definitely sleep. I enjoyed my quick stay immensely and would have loved to stay longer, but Shayne held down the fort at home with the 4 female brats that we call our children, long enough. Thanks for letting me come Sadie and Christian. And thanks for making me feel so good.
***Also about what's written above the picture, keep looking up and make sure you notice the date of this post. Just a hint.

12 comments:

Holly O. said...

Holy cow! You totally got me. I just saw you at the library the other day too!

sadie said...

You're the best, Dais. CJ still wakes up at night and asks, "Where's Daisy?" No really, I owe his five hour nightly stretch to you. Otherwise, I would be up feeding him every two hours.

You're welcome at our house any time...

Emily said...

Even though I was never blessed with a "baby visit" from Daisy, she has helped me a million times over the phone with nursing problems...I guess even after nursing four kids, everyone needs a little help.

mccall... said...

Yep, Daisy's amazing! When any of my friends have a "nursing problem" my answer is always "You should call my sister-in-law Daisy!"
Props!

Brittney said...

what a great big sister you are, daisy. no kidding--sleep IS the best new-mom gift ever. too bad it can't be wrapped up and given away at baby showers...

Heidi said...

Daisy, I'm so excited for the new addition to your family. I too just returned home from visiting my younger sister who had a baby in NE. There really isn't anything sweeter than having a infant lay on your chest and breath in rythmn with you. I can't wait to hear more about your upcoming son.

Kristi said...

Yeah, I just leap out of my chair with a WHAT! and a guilty feeling that I dont' know what's going on with you. I almost ran over a casserole you stinking little Beyotch!

JLJ said...

I was reading that first part thinking, Wow, she is sure announcing this casually... and then there is this picture of you holding a newborn.... must be true. You totally had me.

Abbigail said...

you are tricky!!!!!!

Abbigail said...

you are tricky!!!!!!

Abbigail said...

you are tricky!!!!!!

Amy said...

got me. totally. nice one....

you look adorable.