Friday, June 20, 2008

What's a little spilled milk? Okay actually, what's a lot of spilled milk?

Wondering what I have been up to? How about what my kid(s) have been up too....while I was swimming, biking, and running. That would have been last Saturday at the Summer Games Triathlon. I am currently training for the Spudman Triathlon in July, so I decided last minute to go and do the Olympic distance (1 mile swim, 25 mile bike, 10 K run) in the summer games triathlon. A pre-race before the "real" one. It was a lot of fun, if you can believe it. And I was very glad I did it.

Shayne felt that taking all 4 girls out in the heat for 3+ hours to watch me didn't sound all that enticing, so he kept them home. Here's what happened at breakfast:

I guess Kate wanted to get the milk out by herself. She dropped the whole gallon on the floor which broke open and well.... the picture pretty much says it all. Let's just say I think I had it a lot easier that morning.

I love Kate's face in the picture, actual real remorse. And thank you Shayne for cleaning it all up before I came home.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

The spilled milk is no biggy, but you doing the summer games is pretty big - you need to share this information with your extended fam so we can give you a little support - not sure the hot sun sounds great either, but if you can run in it, then a little "go Daisy" ought to be easy to do.

You will knock the socks off your siblings in July in Logan, unless they are working as hard as you are to prepare for that triathalon. I can't imagine enjoying running, but if you do, then more power to you!

Susan

jami v. said...

good luck with the triathalon ... you are so ambitious! :)

i love the spilled milk story, and i love that your hubby took a picture to capture the moment. :) joys of parenthood, huh?

Mandy said...

I love her face! And I too, love that he took a picture. Craig always makes fun of me when things happen. he says things like...'grab your camera, you might want to put that on your blog.' I'm glad Shayne cleaned it up...and documented.
I'm so impressed that you are running marathon's and doing triathalons! When I grow up...and get ambitious....i want to be you!

Christin said...

Natalie did that just the other day too. the ENTIRE gallon. I'm glad I'm not the only one. the only difference was the "remorse" part.

Christin

tara said...

shayne you are such a chick. taking a picture for the blog and all. Not that I don't appreciate.

Daisy you are AWESOME. and very fit. well done.

sadie said...

That picture could win a contest.

Awesome.

Amy said...

I gotta know. Shayne, did you clean under the fridge? I mean, did you pull that sucker out and get it really good and clean under there?

then and only then will I be at peace with this whole thing.

Daisy. stop doing triathalons. you are making the rest of us look bad. and lazy. which we are. but you are totally rubbing it in our (MY) face.

daisy said...

Amy, Shayne did clean as best he could but recommended I mop later that night. I mopped everywhere including under the fridge. So now you can sleep at night.

Mindi said...

that little face kinda tugs at my heartstrings. but i'm glad shayne was the one to clean that mess up. i HATE it when milk or juice spills on the floor and then you wipe it up a million times and you still feel it.

good luck on your triathlon. you are an animal.

Rachel said...

Wow, a triatholon...I totally admire you! Not that I didn't admire you before I found this out though. Nick dropped a gallon of milk a couple of weeks ago and it literally exploded onto the cupboards, countertops, microwave...it's not the funnest to clean up. Sounds like Shayne did a pretty good job though.

Emily said...

a gallon of milk is no big deal next to a gallon of syrup...just think about that. I'm pretty sure we still have syrup on the floor of our pantry from a year ago.

mccall... said...

OH MY GOSH! To the triathalon and the milk...

Shayne said...

Actually, here is how it went down. Kate spilled the milk, I frieked out and ripped her a new one and may have even sworn (later, Parly told me I swore and I said, uh-oh, what did I say, and she said "friek" and I told her I was sorry even though I was glad that was the word she rememeberd I had said). So I am "frieking" out on Kate and she is walking all over in it and the more I friek out the more she walks and so on and so forth. So I get her good and scrared and all of a sudden I just calmed up for some reason and it was over, I just needed to friek out for a second.

Then I thought how classic it was that it happened while Daisy was gone so I snapped a photo for her.

Then I went and got 4 or 5 of the nice shower towels and put them around the perimeter and worked my way to the middle until all the milk was soaked up and then put the towels out on the backyard grass and called it good.

Kathryn said...

Daisy, Alex is also doing the spudman. Maybe we can get together up there. Although he's been having doubts lately as his training schedule stopped cold after River was born. I think he'll still do it though. Sorry about the milk. I can't believe how big Kate is.

Megan Andersen said...

So did Shayne take the picture? What a good guy...& what an amazing athlete you are!

Brooke said...

And thank you Shayne for taking that friekin picture. Frieking awesome.

JLJ said...

Good luck with the triathalon training. I forgot that you are a swimmer too (not just a runner). So much for your claims of being a "lazy mom!"