
Parly was so excited when a neighbor boy kneed her in the face. Why? Because it popped out her lose tooth.
Tooth = Tooth Fairy = Money. Parly already knows about the real "Tooth Fairy" read about that
here. So after all the kids had been in bed a few minutes, Parly came down to our bedroom.
"Mom. Dad. I was thinking that since you don't have a lot of money right now, it would be okay if I didn't get anything from the Tooth Fairy this time. I will just keep my tooth. And it's okay... because it came out in a fun way." Wow. Sooo sweet. She left the room a little teary eyed. I of course had forgotten that she had even lost a tooth so was happy for the reminder. And Shayne told her not to worry that we would take care of it and that it was nice of her to think of us. A little later with the lights out, Shayne asks if I remembered to put something under Parly's pillow. Ah, no. What is wrong with me, seriously? I get up. Neither of us has any cash or change. So... Parly got an
IOU from the Tooth Fairy. Now before any of you send us money to payback Parly for her tooth... Shayne does have a job now, no more redundancy...just no cash at the moment.
14 comments:
Parly's so grown-up and sensitive...that's a great story. Our tooth fairy takes Wednesday nights off (owing to forgetting on Lily's first tooth to do the job...an extremely sensitive mother at school told Lily that the tooth fairy takes Weds nights off). The tooth fairy thing is a little cryptic though, don't you think? Because our tooth fairy leaves a dollar but some tooth fairies leave $20. How do you transfer to a richer tooth fairy?
An IOU's pretty good, though.
I think the Tooth Fairy should have a PayPal account.
And that really is such a good thing for Parley to do.
That was one to remember.
how did you get a child like that?
mine would be like,"i know you have no $$, but you can pay medoulbe next month.":
That was so sweet and grown up of Parly. You guys are doing a great job with your kids!
I love that story. I can hear Parly saying those exact words. What a sweetheart.
That's so cute! It's those times when they are so sweet that I love being a mom and remember why I haven't run away yet!
Did Shayne find a job so you can stay where you are???
What a sweet girl. I love it. Congrats to Shayne on the new job!
what a great story ...
If you have any more loose teeth I'm sure Luke would be glad to oblige on the "knee in the face" stunt. (:
Christin
Hey, we are in the same boat...I should start having my teeth pulled so that I can get pain pills. Sell the pain pills. Then I would have some cash.
Hi! I noticed your post on Ashlynn's blog....I'm running the marathon too! Good Luck!
Yes, this is my first marathon! I hope it goes well :) That stinks about your foot, hope it feels ok for the run!
Clearly, you are doing a very good job as a mother. What a very senstive thing for a child to say. Nice work on the IOU.
Post a Comment