Monday, October 20, 2008

Happy?

So it has almost been a month since my last post. Sad. But how about something to make you happy. How about pictures from the Happiest Place on Earth. That's right. Disneyland! We went on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of last week. Advice: Go to Disneyland on Tuesday. It was awesome! The line situation is ideal. We went on Space Mountain 5 times, Thunder Mountain 4 times, and Splash Mountain 3 times. Each time Parly, Clayre, and I went on a fast rollercoaster ride we got braver and braver. One arm up, then both arms, and for Clayre finally screaming. She was always so stone faced and she finally started to let loose. Great fun.

I had a blast because Shayne does not enjoy any rides that basically move, so I got to run around with Parly and Clayre while Shayne mostly hung out with Kate and Maggie.
Favorite rides:

  • Parly, Clayre, and myself loved California Screamin in California Adventure. With Space Mountain and Thunder Mountain a close 2nd and 3rd. Clayre also loves the Tower of Terror, which Parly and I braved but Kate didn't quite make it all the way. Opting out a the last second.
  • Shayne enjoyed Soarin that is also in California Adventure.
  • Kate said she like the Star Tours and Peter Pan and the Fish Carousel (in California Adventure), and the Rocket ride.
  • Maggie's favorite ride? Probably playing on and around any stairs or railings. Kate and Maggie also seemed to really like the parades.
Lots of fun. Lots of laughs. Lots of memories.


Pictures above: Maggie enjoying her favorite rides.

One of the rides Shayne braved, Splash Mountain.

All the girls on Alice in Wonderland ride. Clayre looks like she is sick. Not so.
She was probably just bored. Clayre likes fast and falling rides.

Kate and Maggie on the Fish Carousel in California Adventure.

Parly, Kate, Clayre, and Maggie.



Also in October. Shayne and I ran the St. George Marathon again. It was Shayne's 10th, he is now in the 10 year club. Amazing. Even with the rain I was able to run my best, coming in at 3:32. That made me happy. Until next year.

18 comments:

Holly O. said...

Wow! The trip looks like a lot of fun and congrats to both you and Shayne on your marathon madness.

Amy said...

I HAVE MISSED YOU!!!

Jealous about Disneyland .... we want to go! I will have to talk to you and find out how you plan your trip (where you stay -- do you drive? ... etc.)

daisy said...

Amy- If you want to know the cheapest way to go to Disneyland, we are definitely the people to talk to.

Jackie said...

How fun! The girls look like they had so much fun. That is funny Clayre loves the wild rides! Congrats on your best time. That is so impressive considering the miserable weather!

Ashley said...

I've been waiting for a post so I can say congratulations! I was so stoked when I heard your time.
I'm glad you guys had fun in Disney land, I think we might brave it in Jan.

Rachel said...

I was definitely a bit jealous when I heard you were in Disneyland! Nick and I haven't braved taking our kids yet. Someday for sure. Plus a little bummed out because I needed someone to run with...sorry about Saturday. I'm crossing my fingers that Nick is home in the morning so I can run. And way to go again with your best time ever. You really are inspirational! Also, it's pretty cool that Shayne is in the ten year club.

heat said...

Daisy, you are a freakin' animal. I can't believe you ran that fast.

sadie said...

Your kids in Disneyland is definitely something I want to see before I die. Next time, count me in.

Emily said...

I'm with Maggie. My favorite ride is waiting in line for the ride because there's a lot of cool railings and ropes and stuff to play in. Maggie and I are a Disney team.

k8theriver said...

fast.

Mindi said...

3:32? holy mother of marathon times! congrats, daisy. and congrats to shayne. 10 years should get mayor mcarthur running next to you singing "are you from dixie?"

Jolynn said...

Oh my heck, Daisy! I can't beleive how big Parley and Clayre are! I shouldn't be surprised,though. My kids have grown since the 750 south St. George days. I guess it's been a while!

Marty Reeder said...

I like how you dropped that time in and Shayne's tenth so non-chalantly at the end as if it is no big deal ... when in fact both are pretty awesome. But, you're right. Personal accomplishments are nothing when compared to the behemoth that is Disneyland. I humbly invite myself to go along next time!

Brittney Sloan Anderson said...

Disneyland is the happiest place on earth. And I am way jealous first that you ran the marathon and that your time kicked butt.

Mandy said...

I'm so jealous you were in Disneyland! I want to take my kids so bad...but Craig wants to wait a few years, which is probably a good idea. Lucky you that Shayne doesn't like the rides!! :) I love the Sreamin rollercoaster in CA adventure! It's my favorite!!!

Great job on the marathon..you too are amazing. I'm lucky to run 1/2 a block to catch my runaway kids!

jami v. said...

you have THE cutest family!!! :)

and way to go runner woman!! woot-woo

Megan Andersen said...

Glad to see you guys have been up to fun lately! Big Congrats on the marathon--that is awesome!! Crazy how we are only happy with our times until the next one comes around huh?!!!

JLJ said...

Awesome job on the marathon. But I sorta expected you to kick butt. Just because you always do.

Great Disneyland pictures. I love that your husband doesn't like the FUN rides.