Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A little Short Getaway.


So I'm back from my weekend away. I went to my older sister's Mom's Out weekend again this year. Great time! Lots of yummy food. Movies. Talking and laughing. I also worked on a project this year. Which I stressed over each step, but they turned out superb. Here are a few pictures.

Me, Laurie (sister's mother-in-law), Emily (sister)

Table set for dinner

Food/Yummy

Movie time

Bedtime. One room was full of bunk beds. Good times.

Here is my project. Silhouette of the girls. They turned out great:

14 comments:

Ashley said...

SO CUTE! I have to learn how to do those! Glad you had fun with the gals. It's good for the soul.

phyllip/shalyse said...

Nice job Dais...those look awesome, and just like the girls.

Amy said...

yowsas! that is the cutest project. HOW did you DO it?

looks like a fun getaway. I want to come.

sadie said...

Beautiful, Dais. Just beautiful. They are all great, but Clayre and Kate are my favorites. Ok, I love Maggie's and Parly's, too. Good work.

Mindi said...

LOVE the sillhouettes. (sp. no spell checker here.)

how did you do them? you need to post a step by step process. or just come and do 4 for me.

Jackie said...

I'm so glad you had a great time! And I love the silhouettes!! They are beautiful. Please share how you did that!

Shayne said...

Where are the pics of the jacuzzi time?

mccall... said...

Daisy, I really want you to teach me how to make the silhouettes! They are incredible. It looks like you had tons of fun!

tara said...

good to see shayne is staying true to form (hello...comment above:) in our absence.

the silhouettes look SUPER on your wall. VERY nice.

the weekend looks awesome too. I hope shayne will post about HIS weekend experience too:)

Brittney Sloan Anderson said...

so cute. I would love to get away with my sisters and mom.

Rachel said...

Those silhouette's turned out awesome! I want to attempt that. Each of them turned out so cute and so perfect. Glad you got to go spend some time with some of the gals...a break like that goes a long way.

Mandy said...

I want one of those weekend getaways! That looks like so much fun! I love the project! They look so great on your wall!

Megan Andersen said...

Daisy, it was so good seeing you last night (even though it was brief). I miss you guys!

Megan Lofgran said...

Hi Daisy! I found your blog through Holly O. WOW I love your wall color, totally bold and fabulous. I've always wanted to do the silloettes (sp). Will you teach me and maybe the rest of the ward for an activity? If not, I'll settle for just me!!!!