Monday, June 8, 2009

It's been so long. Where do I even start?

How about I work backwards. The last week was spent getting Parly and Clayre's room, that they have to share now to make room for the preschool, painted. Here's how it went:
  • Saturday: Move everything out of the room.
  • Monday: Wipe walls, tape, and apply first coat of paint (turquoise). Clayre paint primer on the dresser.
  • Tuesday: Second and final coat of paint on the walls. 3 coats of paint on the dresser (red).
  • Wednesday: Last coat of paint on the dresser. 3 coats of paint on the bookcase and shelves (yellow). Start putting room together. Bed and bunk bed (from Ikea). LOOOONG Day!
  • Thursday: Put up shelves. Fill the room with girls STUFF. Shayne get a mattress for the bunk bed. All finished! So happy. It turned out better than we expected.

Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Christin said...

Their room looks great. My girls still don't have anything on the walls and the walls are drab off white. Sad.

Christin

Mom said...

Looks very cute! I'll get a better look on Friday! Lots of work, but lucky you had Shayne helping! (Ha-ha)

daisy said...

Shayne was great at supporting me. He didn't complain about the ongoing mess or that dinner was a little late some nights, but that is the extent of his help. Usually I do these kind of big projects when he is gone on a trip. I just couldn't wait any longer.

Mandy said...

It looks great. When I need a room makeover I'm calling you. It's about time you started blogging again....I'll be waiting for another update! :)

k8theriver said...

it looks so good. i love that quilt.

Jackie said...

It looks soooo cute Daisy! You did good!

Kathryn said...

So Cute Daisy.

Ashley said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!

LoGunns said...

I love turquoise and red together. It looks so great!

Megan Andersen said...

A woman of many many talents!!! Looks great!!

Emily said...

Turquoise and red is the new brown and blue...I love it!

Brittney said...

cuuuuuute.