Monday, May 7, 2007

Little Kranky Kate

So Kate was whining about wanting to watch T.V. Some days I might let her watch more.... but today I was feeling particularly strong and wasn't going to let things slide, so I told her no. Of course that brought on more crying and begging. Some days I might loose my cool and yell at her to stop.... but today I was a little more motivated to discipline the correct way, so I told her she could stop whining and play outside or she could go to her room and continue her crying up there. She didn't stop so I started escorting her over to the stairs... and since I was doing so well, I resisted the temptation to inadvertently twist her arm in an Indian-burn-type-fashion, like I sometimes do. (Gasp! Oh, stop you know you've done something similar. Right?)

We made it to the stairs, and she didn't want to go up... and as good a day as I was having, I didn't really have the energy to calming drag her up the stairs either. SO, I just took her over to our guest room and closed the door. She continued her crying, now asking for her blankie...to which I replied, "You may come out of the room and get your blankie once you are done crying."

Well, after about 5 minutes I realized I wasn't hearing any more yelling, crying or even whining, so I slowly opened the door and peeked in. And there was Kate..........


......fast asleep. She even made a blanket with the pillows from the couch. How cute!

9 comments:

Shayne said...

Don't let her cuteness here fool anyone, she is a pistol that one.

Anonymous said...

a pistol and smart as whip. quite the problem solver, she must take after her mom.

Amy said...

she is fiery and cute. equally! I love it. sounds just like a little girl I know....... really well ;-)

sadie said...

Daisy must really be desperate for comments. She actually called me to read her blog and made me stay on the line so that I could giggle, gasp, and sigh at all the right moments. Pretty cute story regardless.

nana said...

I have actually used pillows myself for blankets... although I don't look as cute as that!!!

Shayne said...

Saying she is desperate for comments and being the 4th of 6 to comment does not make much sense to me.

sadie said...

I know. Weird huh? Oh well.

sadie said...

But feel free to comment on my comment. Anyone?

sadie said...

Bueller?