Wednesday, August 22, 2007

It feels like a Break-up!

So I just finished the final book, Eclipse last night. And now I don't know what to do with myself. It feels just like I broke up with someone and am not sure what to do or think about. These characters are just so vivid in my mind. I think I will just crawl into bed and wake up when the fourth book is out....next year. Sad!

This is actually embarrassing but I went to the Stephenie Meyer (the author of these vampire books) website and she had a chapter for a book she is thinking of writing called, Midnight Sun. It would be a companion book to the first book, Twilight....only written in Edward's voice (another character). Loved it! Although it made me a little sad only being able to read 1 chapter. I think I will call Stephenie and offer to babysit her kids so she can finish writing all these books for me. You don't have to tell me...I know...I've lost it!!!!

Well now that I am feeling a little blue I think I will go and watch one of my favorite shows at the moment. (DVRed it Monday night). The Closer. That always makes me feel better. And if your wondering what my children are doing while I am crazy about books and t.v. shows....that's a good question. I think some of them are in school....so at least those ones will turn out alright.


8 comments:

Brooke said...

I can totally relate.

Erin said...

Me too, you couldn't have put it better - finishing a great book IS like a break-up.

LemonLimeDesign said...

although I don't read, it's how I feel when one of my shows ends... say, for instance, Friends. It actually felt like a death rather than a breakup. I didn't eat/sleep/shower/talk to anyone for weeks.

I love your concluding comments Dais... you crack me up big time.

Shayne said...

How about a follow up about your youngest daughter calling 9-1-1 yesterday while you were busy finishing book 3, watching TV, or curled up in bed in the fetal position sucking on your thumbs in depression.

Amy said...

Maggie can make phone calls? The child is SIMPLY AMAZING.

sadie said...

And you wonder why Maggie was able to eat a cockroach. Disgraceful. Of course, I should talk because in about thirty minutes I'll have the first book in my hands...so see you later until I finish all three. Then, I'll join the break-up consolation group.

Kathryn said...

I think you should join the "I love Edward fan club" I'm not joking, it really exists.

J* said...

Okay, two things. First, are we the same person? Because "dumped" is the only word to describe this...when was the last time you used that word anyway?
Second, fun blog. Glad to read it.

p.s. Sorry to everyone, but the Edward fan club is a little much for me. I'm sure there's a group of husbands out there starting a "Ban Stephenie Meyer" club.

p.p.s. Check out my post from January on the first two books. Was I the only one skeptical about a teenage vampire love story?