I have discovered that being the best mom really doesn't require that much work. And anything that is easy and practically sweat free is what I am all about. I know you must be thinking, but everything about being a mom is hard and hard work. Yes. I couldn't agree more. But what I am talking about is that it's easy to make your kids think you are the BEST MOM EVER! Here are a couple of examples:
1. Today Parly called me from school. She does this pretty regularly...and it is never an emergency. I don't know what she does to have those grumpy school secretaries putty in her hands. Anyway, today it was because they are having PB&J sandwiches for school lunch...and she hates peanut butter.... I know you can feel bad for me. A child that doesn't like peanut butter.... She was wondering if I could bring her a cold lunch. I told her I was sorry, and that sometimes they change the menu and she will just have to eat whatever else they have with the sandwiches. She might even try trading with someone. I thought that was a good idea. Parly said okay...kind of sad. I told her I loved her and I would see her at home later. I started thinking about it, "why can't I take her a lunch?" So I made her one and took it to school. When I walked in her class and motioned her over. She had the biggest grin on her face. I handed her the lunch bag. "Thanks mom!" Best mom ever.
2. Clayre came home from school a couple of days ago and told me this: "Mom, you know Jakies mom? I was walking home and when he came home from school I heard her yell, 'Jakie, you're home!' I want you to do that for me. Can you do that on my birthday when I come home from school?" So cute, right? I told her of course I would. So then Monday rolls around and Clayre comes home and I yell, "Clayre-be you're home! I'm so glad!" She came over beaming and said, "You remembered." see.. Best mom ever.
3. I asked Kate, "Why do you think I'm the best mom?" She said, "Cause" I asked again, "But why?" And she said "Because you said." So if everything else fails you can just brain-wash them into thinking it. Easy. Best mom ever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I think one of the qualifications of being the best mom ever is that you know when to capitalize things in your blog and when to make them bold.
Sometimes it is a CAPITAL that is necessary and sometimes it is a BOLD, you just gotta know when. BEST MOM EVER
A requirement in our household is to be able to say the phrase: "Thanks Mommy, you're the best mom in the whole wide world." Even baby Jane is getting pretty good at it.
Keep those coming Dais, keep them coming. I only have six more months to get ready. So far, I know to do three things (two of which have to wait until my kids are old enough for school). I'd really appreciate any fetus/newborn best mom ever ideas.
Yeah...and Sadie has already started the third item on your list. I came home the other day from work and heard Sadie chanting "Mommy is the best" to her mid-section. Our baby doesn't have a chance...it'll be brainwashed from day one.
you ARE the best mom ever. what great kids.
This'll be a long one.
First off, Dais, you are the best and cutest mom ever. I love this post.
Second, just last week I tried to be the BEST MOM EVER(I CAN'T DO HTML... BUT IMAGINE that bolded and bigger and everything else.) You see, we had just pulled into the parking lot of Ty's school for drop-off on Friday when he realized (panicked) that he didn't have his watch. He ALWAYS wears his watch. Always. So I panicked too. He wanted to go back home; there wasn't time so I told him I would bring it to him. No big deal... RIGHT? Wrong. When I brought it to him, his teacher HASSLED me SO MUCH (I think she might have been sort of kidding, but I am not sure) that when I left, not only did I now know that I was not the BEST MOM EVER, but the MOST RIDICULOUS MOM EVER. I mean, who brings their kid's watch to school? Seriously. I left in tears. And that is not a joke.
If only it could have been his lunch... then maybe, just maybe...
Amy- Only the Best mom's know that a certain watch is necessary to make it a whole day at school. Ty is one lucky kid!
Well, if you do have the BEST MOM EVER thing in the bag (for six months at least), what are you doing about BEST SISTER EVER?
If you're short on ideas, then I should probably inform you that I actually forgot my lunch today. Ask yourself this question: "Why can't I go up to Logan and take Marty his lunch?" And I don't even mind if it's PB & J.
You are so cute. I need to think more like you!
Post a Comment