I love how diapers come in all different sizes. What I don't love how each brand of diaper has it's own sizing. So Maggie is still small but size 3 diapers can't quite keep up with all the wetness through the night, and by the end of the day she starts to leak because I haven't changed her since lunch. I need a diaper that can last long. Less changing = Using less diapers = Save money+ Save energy (laziness). So I decide to switch to size 4. We are at Walmart so size 4 generic brand goes into the cart and they seem to get the job done. Next time we need some diapers Shayne is at Albertson's and I say just buy a small package to hold us over. Well apparently Albertson's generic size 4 is too big and leaks out the sides during the day. Great! (not a happy great). So the next time we go to Albertson's for diapers I have Shayne get size 3 because of the problem during the day, right. Well they aren't big enough to go all night. Great, again. Now what? Solution: Buy size 4 diapers at Walmart use them in the night and finish diapers (size 3) from Albertsons during the day. Brilliant. So I have Albertson's and Walmart generic brands figured out. But lately we have started shopping at Smiths and Lins.... I know we will be buying the generic brands from there.... so now I have to learn a whole new system.I know you are thinking, how about just buy Huggies. All Huggies diapers are the same even if you buy them from different stores. That is true. But I am cheap and my husband is especially cheap and he is usually buying the diapers. So generic it is!
10 comments:
changing diapers less often also = fewer diapers in the landfills. you are helping to save the planet. "green" is so in right now.
Daisy-Huggies bite anyways!
I just posted about how much they suck.
I'm switching to Luvs.
it's true, you never know with generic. but what's important is that they can last all day. oh yeah.
daisy.
you C*R*A*C*K me up. seriously.
can't wait to start back on the diaper routine... it has been awhile. I have forgotten how tricky (sucky) figuring out the sizing is. OH BOY.
Thanks for not throwing me under the bus by saying that I always try to talk you into size 3 diapers instead of size 4 because for the same money in size 3 you get like 42 in a pack instead of like 38 for size 4.
Another way to save money could be if you didn't have Maggie wear a diaper at all. That could get a little messy, but you could have her play in the bathtub or toilet for half the day and outside for the other half.
How much cheaper are the generics? I won't mess with the diapers. Because, if they fail me, that is one mess I don't want to clean up.
I came across your blog and have peeped in a time or to. I just have to comment though, because the Costco generic kind give my kids rashes! I am a Huggies fan.
I've just recently switched to Luvs and I love the way they smell. It even camoflouges (sp?) the smell of the messy ones. I have to give it a finger check to see if it's even messy. I'm buying size 3 for my six month old...I can't believe Maggie can still get away in a 3!
Sadie's comment is exactly what we're doing with our #2. He's completely potty trained as long as he's bear-bottomed... which means only at home. If we don't go anywhere in a day we only use one diaper (at night). At that rate, the expensive brand isn't too pricey.
Post a Comment