School has started so that means the Scott Family is back to all it's routines. One of those routines is daily chores. I love that my kids are getting older so their chores actually help me, which means less for me to do...yeah! Each child must get dressed and make their beds before coming down for breakfast. Parly usually gets the cereal and milk out for everyone, so if I'm not running that morning, I'm still asleep. So nice. Lazy, yes. But nice. Parly and Clayre also get their lunches and backpacks and drinks all ready before school and THEN they can watch a T.V. show before it is time to walk to school. My life is too easy.
Another chore is at dinner time. Kate has to, gets to, set the table every night. Then Parly and Clayre take turns clearing the table and making their lunch for school the next day. (One does the lunches while the other one clears the table, then the next day they switch). It's easier for them to do the lunches then, because if we have some kind of leftover that they want then .... okay let's just say the real reason.... It's easier for me, because I don't have to worry about them rushing to make it in the morning and bugging me while I am still sleeping. There.
In addition to these daily chores the girls have to put away their clean clothes in their closets and drawers (this is usually just once a week). And my favorite is when one of them is grounded from T.V. or friends. I can then give them more chores, like; sorting the laundry piles, picking up shoes and toys left on the floor, taking out the garbage's, emptying the kitchen misc. basket. This is a small basket that I keep on the kitchen counter so when ever I find toys and things of theirs that go upstairs I just throw them in the basket and when it gets full I send one of them to clear it out and bring back. Genius. I am the Queen of making less work for me to do. Of course they must clean the bedrooms and playroom from time to time as well.
Now you may be wondering what little Maggie does for chores. Yes she can't get herself dressed in the morning or make her bed yet, she sometimes helps Kate set the table at night but this is not her designated chore. Maggie actually came up with this one herself. She has always had a fascination with cockroaches. Before viewing, note: rolly (meaning rollypolly) = cockroach
Yes, Maggie's chore is to find the cockroaches every morning so we can throw them away. She is very very good at it.
15 comments:
YOU ARE A GENIUS! Thanks for the tips. (and please keep them coming)
I'm so impressed! I sleep in too...One day after Carter had eaten cereal and got dressed, he came in and said, 'mom, please can you get up now!' It makes me feel so lazy! :) But...I need my sleep and I have never professed to be a morning person!
Do you really have cockroaches???
Maggie's chore is the best! I love the idea of keeping a small trash can for clutter! I have been constantly collecting and running upstairs. Now I have a solution! Thanks!
i've got to start making my kids work more.
and, you have a map of the world tile mosaic? shayne must really love cc.
You are a slave driver! Can you please teach Lauren this- I mean you have 2 hours with her each week. And if she's needs extra help- like in a real home, I'm all about field trips- I could bring her over anytime! I'll be checking her progress next month!
Maggie's chore is by far the best! Lucky girl!!
can she come to my house? You have such CUTE girls!
amen to the chores!! that's the only reason why i got rid of my weekly cleaner. my girls took over the bathrooms. BEST DAY EVER.
ps i feel like i got the shaft that we didn't get to see the ACTUAL cockroach. BUMMER.
cutest little girl
Oh man. I can't wait to mold my children. I'll make you proud, I promise.
oh how smart you are! :) i'm all about chores and i can't wait until cole graduates from setting the table to making dinner! hehe
GIve yourself some credit. Laziness like yours takes a lot of mental work. I'm tired just thinking about it.
I must learn from the master. You have it down to a science. LOVE it!!
Daisy you are so funny. It must be the age because Abe loves to find the dead bugs and talk to them while Luke is in the background dry heaving. You need to come over and whip my kids into shape, I can't get them to do anything.
Does Maggie have any tips for Alex on how to spice up roaches as an entree? He likes to eat them. You guys will have to show us the town sometime. We're trying to get Sadie down here so my husband and I have a reason to come over. LaBeau's Too will bring the shakes!
P.S. You and Shayne are hilarious! I try not to read people's blogs that I hardly know, but I can't help it with the Reeder Family. I'm hooked.
You're the best Mom ever! I think it was you that said your kids sometimes take sanitizing wipes and clean all the door knobs in the house? That's a weekly for my kids...love the way you tackle chores and it must be nice not to have do them WITH your girls!
Post a Comment