Monday, June 8, 2009

Triathlon Time!

So back in April (yes, I said April...and it is now the end of July..what of it?) Parly and Clayre did a kids triathlon. It was great! They had a fun time. It was a 50m swim, 1 mile bike, and 1/2 mile run. Perfect, right?


Aren't they cute? Clayre had a tough time on the swim and after one length wanted to stop. Shayne went over to encourage her and talked her into wearing a life jacket and floating back. She did. It was fun watching them come in from the bike and start their run. They were spread out a little so Shayne got to run a little with each of them. They both ran the whole time. Parly enjoyed everyone cheering and the attention, where Clayre looked like she was ticked and might spit in your eye. But I cheered anyways....LOUD. Afterward they each got medals and were happy to be done. With the medal around Parly's neck she said, "I feel like mommy." Adorable.

Posted by Picasa


So, now you are thinking...I want to do a triathlon. Do it! That looks like fun. It is so fun! And if you think you might be able to swim/bike/run a little more than these guys did then join me May 1, 2010 for the 1st Annual Ironman St. George. Yes. You read right. Ironman. It's just a little more distance; 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, and 26.2 mile run.

9 comments:

sadie said...

Two favorite things:
1) Clayre is dodging every picture of her. Classic Clayre.
And 2) That Parly's bike had a basket on it. That has to be a first for a triathlon.

Nice job girls.

JLJ said...

You are crazy. C.R.A.Z.Y.

But your girls are sure cute.

k8theriver said...

i thought you were going to say, "shayne went over to encourage her, then jumped in to help her." and that would explain his hair.

you'll do awesome in the ironman. nice job.

Jackie said...

I loved the pictures! Awesome some Clayre and Parly!!

Jamie Sue said...

Good for them! And as far as the ironman goes....you're wonderwoman in my eyes!!

jami v. said...

seriously? ironman? you are insane, but i envy your motivation! I just need a little of that! :)
Your girls are so cute! Great job!!!

jami v. said...

Ok..that post is from Mandy...not Jami, she forgot to log out! Sisters!!!

Brittney said...

how about taking it easy and running TOU with me in september?

Megan Andersen said...

You GO girl! You are faster, higher, & braver then I will ever be!! My step dad is doing it as well (now I have two people to come cheer on).