Monday, August 17, 2009

1/2 way to my Ironman!



Who would have thought that these guys (above) could have helped me do this:

Utah Half Ironman in 5 hours and 9 minutes.


I swam in the disgusting and extremely stormy Utah lake, biked 56 miles in rain, wind, and hail and then ran 13.1 (my GPS watch actually said 13.6- hey if you are a runner every point whatever extra is a big deal) miles.....and LOVED every minute of it. I can't wait to do the Ironman in May!

***And yes that is Shayne running with me in the middle picture. He ran a couple of loops with me on the run and it was so great to have him there. Thanks Shayne. And thanks mom and dad for coming to watch and cheer (whistle!!) me on.

25 comments:

Jackie said...

You are amazing girl! I can't wait to watch you in the Iron Man!

Christin said...

Incredible. Truly incredible. My hats off to you. I just ran 16 on Friday and thought I was going to die. You are an inspiration.

Christin

Jamie Sue said...

Sheesh--you are CRAZY!! But seriously that's so awesome! I'm so proud of you!

Mandy said...

You are amazing...and I have to admit, a crazy too. You are quite the woman. I can't run swim or bike a mile!! I loved catching up on all your posts! It's about time!!!:)
You should have come to hide at my house when you were in Logan!

Amy said...

dang it dais! you got caught up. where does that leave me?

looks like a busy -- fun summer. and that "you copied me" stuff is pretty danged hilarious.

wish I was going to be seeing you next month! :(

LoGunns said...

I am so impressed! Why are you guys wearing costumes?

sadie said...

You're a stud.

daisy said...

The costumes? We are just a bunch of dorks! It was a birthday bash ride that day and those rides consist of more playing than riding.

Mom said...

Way to go Daisy! I can't believe how much you love this stuff! You are awesome. Love - Susan

Rach said...

Wow Daisy!! That's amazing. I'm jelous!

Rach said...

That above comment was Megan W. not Rach, sorry!

Megan Andersen said...

You put us all to shame girl! Congrats!!

jami v. said...

you are my hero! you are seriously so amazing!! WOOT-WOO!!!

mccall... said...

whatever - i could totally do it! JK! you are amazing, like everyone already said. freakin amazing.

sadie said...

Good job Dais. You look so cute in the pictures and not the least bit tired. That's awesome! You're the best!

This is Emily, not Sadie.

Liz Stanley said...

you are so hardcore. awesome!

JLJ said...

Wow! Congratulations! Only another mile of swimming, 50+ miles on the bike and a mere 13 miles of running and you're there - it's nothing really.

MegaPPod said...

Amazing. I can barely walk 3 miles.

Marty Reeder said...

You did, of course, neglect to mention the welcoming committee in St. George when you got home ... but I guess you were pretty water logged at the time, so it can be forgiven. Way to go, Daisy. I love bragging about you and getting jaws dropping every time I mention it ... sometimes to random strangers ...

Megan Andersen said...

Daisy, Congrats on another successful marathon! And on doing your personal best!! How did Shayne do?? I think that it's awesome you guys share that experience...maybe one day I will be fast enough to run with you. If I could just get out of the dang 3:40's!

Brittney said...

you look sooo tough and fit, dais! awesome time, too. bring on the full iron(wo)man, right?

Mandy said...

Ok slacker...where are you? This is the only way I keep up you and all your fun!

Mandy said...

Ok really? August 17th?? You need to get an update on here! I miss the Daisy updates!!! Come on...post!

Mandy said...

I'm just going to keep commenting until you update! I mean REALLY...AUGUST???/ Come on...where are you?? What are you doing??? How's your family??? blog..blog...blog...

Abbigail said...

Congrats. I am in awe.