Thursday, April 12, 2007

Good for you, Sadie!

Sisters: Emily, Sadie, Me
Moms and Babies: Me & Maggie, Emily & Jane, Bonnie & Angie

So I got to go to Logan for the weekend. Just me and the baby. It was great! I went because my little sister, Sadie is getting married and we were having a bridal shower for her. Of course my other sister and I were thinking it would be better for us if she never married, then she would be available to come and babysit for us while we go on trips with our husbands whenever we need her to. She did this for me and Shayne when we went to New York last year before Maggie was born. She watched the other 3 girls for a week. Pretty much we trust her with our children more than we trust ourselves. Selfish..I know. I'm very excited for her. She is marring a great guy.

It was a lot of fun being back with the family. Sometimes I wonder if other people find my siblings as funny as I do. I pretty much laugh the whole time. Everyone in my family is very clever and smart...so if you aren't you'll get yourself into trouble. That being said... I take a hit every now and then, unless I can come up with a good come back-which isn't very often.

You see growing up I was the target. I was the one that they would all tease. Probably because I would get mad and bugged and oh... put on a pretty good show. Instead of learning to ignore or join in, I would just react. It's funny now. And since then I have realized because I didn't learn... I married Shayne, the biggest tease that ever lived! And he is trying his best to tease me straight!

So I enjoyed myself this last weekend. And it's not only because I was without 3 of my 4 little angels (2 of them throwing up all Saturday night. Sorry Shayne), or not having to plan or make any meals-just eat...(now that's heaven), or the cute clothes I got shopping (thanks, mom), it was all the great conversations! Thanks Family. You know how I love CON-VER-SAY-SHE-OHNNN!

4 comments:

Marty Reeder said...

You're no fun to tease anymore. We need a new sister.

Brooke said...

Daisy, maybe that's why we stuck together despite our differences. We were both the family tease targets.

Wish I had been there to congratulate Sadie!

Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

I love photos of sisters! What a great weekend for you.

sadie said...

I disagree, Marty, Daisy still is pretty fun to tease. Case in point: we slept in the same bed all weekend long, and she has no idea about all the practical jokes I played on her. Don't worry, I'll publish the videotape soon. Let's just say that this may explain why you woke up with sticky teeth one morning, Dais! (sucker...)