Friday, July 20, 2007

My Favorite Line Ever.....



So I decided that I need to get organized again when it comes to my meals. I hate figuring out what to make for dinner. In fact, I cringe every time one of my kids asks me, "What's for dinner?"
I also feel bad about my kids only having cereal for breakfast, mostly because of the guilt trip I get from my husband....cereal has lots of vitamins, right?
And then I also need to get more creative when it comes to snacks....instead of just sending the kiddos to the pantry for a granola bar (like cereal).

So here is my plan:
Breakfast-
  • Mondays: scrambled eggs
  • Tuesdays: pancakes (possibly with bacon---I don't want to get too ahead of myself)
  • Wednesdays: cereal
  • Thursdays: french toast (possibly with sausage--again a maybe)
  • Fridays: cereal
  • Saturdays: cereal or Shayne make something (I haven't talked to him about this yet, so it will probably just be cereal)
  • Sundays: waffles
Lunch-
  • Mondays: soup or Mac & Cheese
  • Tuesdays: tuna fish sandwiches
  • Wednesdays: deli sandwiches (that's just a fancy way of saying turkey or ham)
  • Thursdays: pizza (the frozen kind-we like Totino's)
  • Fridays: PB & Jam sandwiches
  • Saturdays: hot dogs or deli sandwiches or Del Taco if Shayne's buying
  • Sundays: toast
Dinner-
  • Mondays: Mexican night (examples: enchiladas, tacos, quesadillas, etc.)
  • Tuesdays: Pasta dish (examples: spaghetti, lasagna, baked ziti, etc.)
  • Wednesdays: omelets or leftovers (this used to be the breakfast for dinner night since I didn't make breakfast...but now...well see.)
  • Thursdays: chicken , pork, or casserole dish (examples: Shepard's Pie, uhmmm..., etc.)
  • Fridays: calzones, pizza, or burgers
  • Saturdays: something grilled (or eating out without the kids would be nice!)
  • Sundays: Roast or pork chops (definitely with homemade rolls....well the frozen dough.)


So, that's the plan. We'll see how long it lasts . I did just plan all my meals for a month. Hooray! No more planning for 4 more for weeks.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me Daisy. I have always found that not only is it easier to do the shopping if you have your menus planned, but you don't dread fixing meals, as much, if you already know what you are going to fix and have all the ingredients ready.

Anonymous said...

Sorry that was from me

Susan

daisy said...

Exactly!

sadie said...

I don't know if you should implement that plan without testing it first. Why don't you come to my house for a month (leave the girls with Shayne) and see how it goes. Great! See you Monday. Can't wait for Mexican night!

Amy said...

Nice Dais...
I am the SAME way. I HATE (bold it like you did) the dreaded "what's for dinner"... Is it rude to answer with "you tell me!" (I am telling you... mother of the year here...)

SO I am totally going to copy you, if you don't mind. Except I refuse to make breakfast. Cold cereal will have to do; except Saturdays when Andrew makes pancakes...

I like the themed dinners; esp. Mexican night! NICE!!!

Kathryn said...

Nice work Daisy.

Anonymous said...

Dais, you ARE the best, I am so excited for all those yummy meals and our kids to keep their own teeth for years to come.

-S

Erin said...

What a smart plan. Structure and flexibility, genius! We've started eating cereal just about every morning and it is the greatest thing ever: 1. my kids can do it all by themselves 2. I swear I read somewhere that it a healthy thing to do (think about the calories ingested vs. a bigger breakfast)

daisy said...

Thank You Erin! I've told Shayne that before, but he's always been skeptical. Now that YOU say it, he might believe it.

Anonymous said...

I think you should cook shaynes favorite meal tonight and watch him salivate as you and the kids eat it! that will teach him not to get fat in the future so he doesnt have to do silly stupid diets!

nana said...

I'm with Sadie... perhaps we'll just drive to Farmington the month Daisy is there!!!