So I bought a lunch bag for Parly a few weeks ago from a company called NY Built. I got a cute bag called a Munchler for only $9.99. It zips all the way around so you can also use it as a place mat. Cool. Anyways, they said that the bag would be shipped and arrive in 5-7 business days.Over a week went by and no lunch bag. I was a little disappointed, so I emailed the company and just asked what was up and wondered when it would be getting here. Well an hour or so later I got a reply. The email said that the shipment was late and there was an influx of orders...they were sorry for the inconvenience and they would send another Munchler bag with the one I ordered. SWEET!
After reading the email I was excited and very proud of myself (for contacting the company and thus getting a free bag) that I called Shayne and told him the great news. It was also nice to hear him say, "Well done, dais, well done."
It wasn't more than a few hours later the FedEx came and dropped off a package. Who from? NY Built. Yay! But wait, now I won't get a free bag. Oh well. I opened it anyway and ....SURPRISE...two bags were there. Sooooo, I guess it wasn't because of me that I got an extra lunch bag after all. It was actually just because I was dealing with a great company. Oh well, that's okay...now we have something to give Clayre for her birthday.
9 comments:
YAY YOU! that is awesome. we had a similar experience with ty's halloween costume last year. nothing beats a freebie you weren't expecting!
SHAYNE THIS IS HOW YOU COULD DOUBLE YOUR HUNDRED!!! ORDER 10 now -- get 20 for the price of 10 (they are running behind and therefore sending out freebies) -- sell the extra 10 on e-bay. BRILLIANCE! and you're welcome. and also, is it dishonest?
That's great Dais. It really does sound like a good company--especially because those lunch bags come with a lunch pre-made. But do all the sandwiches already have a bite out of them? Just wondering.
Actually... I am very proud of you for calling.. something that you used to not like to do... but now you seem to do it all the time! Hurray!
I cured cancer at work today but way to get a free lunch bag. Bless your heart.
Don't we have a bunch of free lunch bags in the pantry, plastic sacks from Walmart? Bless your heart.
so much LOLing (I hate that phrase but IT'S TRUE AT THE MOMENT)
very cool bags.
Shayne, stop wasting our time with that "cured cancer" routine. We're talking lunch bags here, LUNCH BAGS!
Thank you Daisy, thank you, for having the courage to stand up to that Lunch Bag company in a way that I think we all wish we could do.
Your kids are beautiful. Its been fun stalking your blog and seeing you in your post-high-school glory. It's cool to see you as a mom!
I adore those bags! I need to get one for me and for my toddler!
Post a Comment