So yesterday I went to get Maggie from her nap. I usually know when she is awake because there is a very loud banging coming from her room. This is from her rocking her crib back and forth which in turn hits against the wall. Side note: This is the same crib we have used for all the other girls...it is a little on the getting-quite-old-and-almost-falling-apart side. We just hope it lasts for our last...Maggie. Back to the loud banging...you might say just pull it away from the wall. Well, we would have to put it in the middle of the room in order for it to not bang a wall...it sways from all sides a lot. So it is safer in a corner, touching two walls and a dresser. Mother of the year, right here!
So...I went in to find Maggie very much engaged with a sun spot that was on the wall. She was trying to grab it. And each time she did this she would move in front of the sun ray and thus make the spot disappear. Of course then she would move back and it would reappear. This little dance repeated over and over. It was so cute. It is at these are the times.... I am reminded.... Of how glad I am that: I was the one that got to witness such a sweet moment and not someone else.
Going along with the Mother of the year bit. After our drive home from Logan (6 hours) I took Maggie out of her car seat and noticed that she was wet all over. How? I just figured some of her milk from her sippy cup had leaked. Not so. When I changed her into her jammies I also changed her diaper...I have never seen a fuller diaper... and I have had 3 others. Sorry Maggie. So I should either 1. Change her once during the trip or 2. Get a bigger diaper size for trips. What would the Mother of the year do?
7 comments:
That kid is so cute, she looks just like her father.
Love,
Anonymous
I am glad you asked! "What would the Mother of the Year do?..."
I would have stopped every half an hour and checked that little diap. and at the first sign of urine changed her at once.
HAHAHA... so not. heck, you gotta cruise through those long drives FOR SURE.
hope the crib holds up just a bit longer. and glad you do get to witness such cute little moments with your girls.
one last thing, would you PLEASE stop trying to compete with me on the Mother of the Yaar? I mean seriously, I should have it in the bag at this point.
of the YAAR?! see what I'm saying'? IN THE BAG!!!
oh man. that is so incredibly sweet. You should have gotten that on video. the "mother of the year" would have:)
kidding, of course. Our video camera hasn't seen the light of day in years. oops.
Thank goodness car seats are washable. I agree with the cruising right through the long drives.
Oh Maggie. Some babies just aren't very smart. I mean, moving in front of that light spot so that she couldn't catch it. Not to mention the fact that she wet her diaper repeatedly on a six hour drive. Couldn't she just hold it?
At least she's cute, I guess. Don't worry, mother of the year, this one wasn't your fault.
as far as the diaper, mother of the year would have at least changed it once! as for the crib tell shayne to tighten the bolts, its really not that hard to do, even for a cartographer. babies are soo funny to watch!
Post a Comment