I just got back from a "Mom's Out" weekend. It was at a cabin in California, and by cabin I mean pretty much it is just surrounded by trees. There is nothing "cabinish" about this 6,000 sq. ft. luxury home. To see pictures see this blog.
My sister invited me... so I was there mostly amongst strangers. I knew a few people... some of Em's sister-in-laws and some from going to this annual trip two years ago, but mostly new faces. There were about 17 women in all. Sooooo.. that meant, lots of different and interesting (some even possibly: coo coo) personalities AND that meant for lots of fun. I enjoyed sitting in on a lot of conversations... and sometimes even adding to them.
The favorites of the trip: Panini sandwiches, apple stuffed croissant French toast, amazing Mexican tacos, white chocolate-cinnamon-caramel-apples (Yes, I made these....don't seem so surprised. They are actually quite easy to make....and they turned out to be more than just my favorite of the weekend. Although I probably did eat the most. I'm glad I got to contribute something.) I know it looks like most of the favorites are food....so I'll move on. Sitting or rather "hanging out" in the hot-tub (a little bit of a subliminal there, funny...if you got it), watching movies, taking walks and then a hike back up...before and after all the eating, getting a massage (they had 2 massage therapists come up on Saturday). This was my first massage - yes, I was a massage virgin and everyone enjoyed that fact. This was the perfect time and place to get a massage and it definitely was a highlight of the weekend. But I have to say the best was: all the fun girls I met. I laughed and laughed all weekend : my favorite of the trip.
So, everything was fine at the home front. I don't think the girls even noticed I was gone. They called me once just to ask where one of the clues to a treasure hunt I made was, and once I told them they were off.... I love you too. You can read more about their weekend on Shayne's blog here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Tell us more about the skinny dipping and the tickle fights. Won won the tickle fights?
I would like to know more about the white-choc-cinn-caramel-apples... like, say, how to make the delicious little devils? YUM YUM!
Sounds fun. Glad you were able to get away.
massage... um ... is that kind of like getting your feet tickled? Sounds like the perfect friend, sister, food bonding weekend!! Actually the same from the homes ...only little people bonding with the men? ...
I'm glad you liked "hanging" out with me and my friends. We had a great time...and you can tell Shayne that I won the tickle fights.
I am with Amy...you can't talk about those apples AND provide me with a picture, and then not include the recipe! Please share, Daisy!
Post a Comment