Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Time to move to Logan


We just got back from a weekend in Logan. It's always fun to go up north and visit my parents...and 3 of my siblings + spouses. There is always great company and always great food. Probably too much food. But I'm not complaining.

It was really great to go this time of year. It's so beautiful in Cache Valley in the fall when the leaves have changed colors. As we drove through Sardine Canyon we oohed and awed over the red and orange trees, yes even the girls look up from their movie for a second to gasp once or twice. It was there that I realized that this is the time of year I need to live in Logan. Now? I know what you are thinking: wouldn't you rather live there in the summer when the temperatures are much more bearable. Okay, yes. But here was my thought for a second anyway: See, I am not a very festive decorator. My kids have asked me why we haven't put up any Halloween decorations yet, since every house around us has and then some. So if we lived in Logan, with all the leaves changing colors, etc., there would be no need to decorate. Your house already looks festive. You wouldn't have to buy any hay bales, corn husks, pumpkins, fake spider webs, or fake leaves because you already have those in your yard. Well...at least we would have the right color of leaves and probably the spider webs...and then those other things if we lived on a farm or at a pumpkin walk. Sooo... This is why I said it was only my thought for a second. Regardless.....there are two facts here: 1. Logan is gorgeous this time of year. And 2. I am not a decorator festive or not. Annnd let's add 3. I'm all about doing things the easy way.

9 comments:

Amy said...

auto-decor. you can't top that. move. seriously. maybe we'll be right behind ya. (I wish.......)

Rachel said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I decided to check yours out and I totally enjoyed the time I spent reading all your posts. I laughed out loud several times and found myself nodding my head in agreement to many of your observations you've made about life and motherhood.

Emily has made several comments in the last few days about us not having any Halloween decorations up. I felt pretty festive just hanging a fall wreath on my door. I guess that doesn't quite cut it for the little ones though. I'm thinking I might head over to the dollar store to see if they have any thing cheap, like maybe some of those window stick ons and I would let the kids hang them up. I'm just not a decorator for any of the holidays except for Christmas.

Great job again on the marathon! Would you consider getting paid to be my personal trainer for next years marathon? J/K Kind of anyways...maybe you can pass along some training ideas.

phyllip/shalyse said...

It's true...we miss St. George, but I do love having the seasons up here! And of course, I miss Logan/Richmond.

Holly O. said...

I'm all about doing things the easy way too. I don't have a single decoration out yet. Luckily my new next door neighboor has a giant blow-up black cat, that is enough for both houses.

sadie said...

Nice try, Daisy. Just because I live where the leaves change colors doesn't mean that I don't have to decorate...not that I do, but you can be sure that my neighbors are giving me the "Halloween scrooge" look every time I walk past their pumpkined, scarecrowed, and spiderwebbed houses.

JLJ said...

Some day we'll all return to the promised land... I mean Logan

tara said...

I dig Cache Valley. I'd move there in a heartbeat if Jeff was on board. It's beautifal ALL year long.

Um, have you seen my halloween yard decor? I figure a fall wreath should be quite all right. I'm surrounded by Griswalds. It's great:)

k8theriver said...

i have enough clutter in my house, i don't need to add to it with decorations. plus, you have to store them all year.

Abbigail said...

sounds beautiful! I would love to visit Logan this time of year. I can't even think of the last time I saw it in fall.... may have been in 2000 when I still lived there. SAD! Maybe next year. Hearing about it made me almost see it through you. thanks!