Thursday, January 17, 2008

Looking for some indoor fun?

So for a couple hours a day, 3 days a week, I am at home with only one child. How great is that! Practically "ME" time, right? Not quite. Because the one child that is home is still too small to just sit contently in front of the T.V. AND without any older sisters around to entertain her... I'm stuck. But if you know me at all, you know I always find a way to get what I want exerting as little energy as possible and without spending any money. This is what I have found to keep little Maggie busy so I can get to my reading, blogging, and the occasional cleaning.




And YES, those are panties that Maggie is wearing over her jeans. Kate's panties to be exact. And don't worry they are clean... I do get the laundry done, that's part of the occasional cleaning. Now you see why turning the couch into an indoor playground was so necessary.

Here's another clip. I only wish I could catch Maggie before she notices me filming.

12 comments:

Amy said...

brilliant!

maggie is so cute. panties-over-jeans and all.

sadie said...

I love how you're not content to let her entertain herself by lying down and sucking her thumb. Oh no! She has to have fun YOUR way and slide down the couch. Way to show her, Dais.

And I agree. Maggie is so, so cute. I need to see her again before she turns into another terror like the rest. (heh, heh, just kidding Parles, Clayre, and Kate...)

phyllip/shalyse said...

You mean more siblings = more free time? Now you tell me.

Maggie is getting so big! She and Henry need to hook up. I'll remember the couch idea...have you tried a blanket over the couches for a hut? It'll buy you at least 20 minutes.

Sarah said...

The most fascinating thing about this video isn't the adorable child being forced into acrobatics by her mother, it's the fact that the "Cha Cha Slide" by Mr. Cheeks is playing in the background and doesn't get a comment from Daisy!

Isaac and Elise said...

Daisy, What music were you listening to? Was that your choice or Maggie's

Erica Onelove said...

Great idea! How cute are the panties over the pants? Awesome!

I'll have to do this with Anavey.

tara said...

dang it all...how does that little maggie walk around so well? honestly. she's so cute. One of these days libby will join the walking club. maybe.

Did she do the underwear trick herself?

JLJ said...

sweet girl. I know what you're saying about thinking you're going to get more done when more are gone, but then it seems like its more work. It doesn't seem right!

Erica Onelove said...

Daisy-how old is Maggie? Are girls must be pretty close to the same age.

daisy said...

Tara- Maggie did not put the panties on herself, but she did try. She ended up bringing them over to me and made me help her.

Erica- Maggie is just about to turn 18 months. I think Anavey is a little younger, but they do look about the same size. She should come over and play with Maggie on the couch. They would have fun for hours.

Erica Onelove said...

Anavey isn't that skilled yet!

Anavey is turning 14 months so maggie's just a bit older!

Anonymous said...

I like the look of panties over pants. I think Maggie and I should make it a new fashion statement!