Monday, August 4, 2008

I've been biten!


So I am back. I was on a sort of mini vacation. Laundry piled up, kids ran wild, food was a bother, sleep not a requirement, and I hardly left the house. It started as soon as I picked up the first book of the Stephenie Meyers Vampire series, again. That's right, I reread all three of the books, Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse, to get ready for the last and final book of the series, Breaking Dawn. Well I finished Breaking Dawn last night at 1:30 in the morning and I was too jazzed up to sleep. Too bad it was too late, or earlier rather to call anyone and discuss. I so looooooved it. I have heard from others that not everyone feels this way. They are idiots. This was my favorite of them all. Stephenie Meyers is pure genius. Just when I thought I had it figured out she shocked me and I couldn't have been more pleased to be wrong. She is an amazing story teller! And instead of finishing my vacation sad and wishing it could have been longer, I was thrilled, happy, and a little exhausted.

13 comments:

sadie said...

I totally agree. People are idiots.

tara said...

bunch of morons.

well, I haven't actually read it yet, I'm just ASSUMING that I will love it too:) glad it didn't disappoint you!

Megan Andersen said...

Is Shayne going to be starting them now?

Holly O. said...

They are idiots! I loved it too. By far my favorite in the series. And this one actually made me like the characters! GASP.

jenreeder said...

So glad that you loved it... as for me, I think I'm one of the "idiots" who didn't love it so much. It WAS fun to read, but not wanting to post spoilers, there were just somethings that were a little lame. I did like the end, though.

Shayne said...

I just love that it is all over and we can get back to a two parent family.

Holly O. said...

Shayne's comment has me laughing. Things can be back to normal, for now, until you get into your next book!

Mindi said...

i got the first 7 chapters read to me on the way home from park city on sunday and am STILL waiting for my copy to come from amazon.

i am lame

JLJ said...

I'm just waiting to borrow my friend's copy of the book. Am I the only one who still hasn't read it? I'm even more excited after reading some of these comments.

Mandy said...

I'm totally with you.... I LOVED it.... and like you, thought she did a great job with the twists. I think Craig feels the same as Shayne, just happy that it's over! But...sad to say... I think i'm starting over and re-reading them all! :)

Holly O. said...

I do believe I am ready to read it again. Are you with me?

daisy said...

Holly- I've already moved on to another book...actually a Trilogy. The Sevenwaters Trilogy. Have you read them? Very good. I'm reading the first book now, called "Daughter of the Forest". I'm totally hooked.

LoGunns said...

Oh no I'm an idiot:(!
Thanks for coming over and bringing me dinner last night. I had a good time. Did you tell Shayne what we talked about?:)