Monday, March 23, 2009

Want to read a book BETTER than Twilight?

Okay, that probably isn't hard. Some of you might say. (And don't get me wrong---still a fan and loved the series). BUT.....So let me rephrase that. Want to read a book better than Twilight (in my opinion) that you won't be able to put down, that you will be depressed when you realize that it is over and the next book doesn't come out until September of this year, that you will finish and just want to talk and talk about? Yes? Okay, so go get: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. You will thank me or actually not thank me because your children will be left to fend for themselves, your laundry and dishes will pile up, and your husband will wonder why a book has gotten more of your attention than he has for months. The good thing is: ALL that will only last a day or two because you won't be able to put it down.... until you do and it is over and then you are stuck waiting 6 more months like me for book 2. So call me when you are there.




19 comments:

Amy said...

what's it about???

Christin said...

Is it anything like my blurb book that took me like two months of 24/7 work? My poor kids suffered in the process. If that's the case I'd better pass. I love to read though so just tell me what it's about and I'll decide how neglectful I want to be.

daisy said...

Christin- This book will only take you a day or two days tops. So read away!

Amy- I can't even begin to tell you what it is about. I wish I had the book cover. Okay 24 people (2, 1 girl and 1 boy from each district, there's 12 in all) are picked from a lottery (every year)to be sent off to an island or forest or whatever and the last person ALIVE wins! Sound interesting? Well it is! And so great so just go get it!

LoGunns said...

Now I have to read it. I can't wait. I wish you would have come to visit us while you were in Logan. We are coming to SG in April and we want to have a big get together at a lake or park or something. More details later.

Jackie said...

I'll be reading this afternoon! And I have no idea what I'm making for dinner and I have lots of other things I need to do but OH WELL!

J Bentham said...

Better than Twilight? How dare you? Stephenie Meyer will find you and punish you for your disobedience.

tara said...

it's on my list...

at the top, actually.

i'm BUMMED you guys were out of town this weekend! libby went to nursery without you. the individual sippy cups are GENIUS, by the way.

hopefully i'll catch you guys next time i'm there!

jami v. said...

how funny is this? my neice posted about this book about a month ago because she loved it so much - and isn't much of a reader (other than twilight :) ), so i just started it last night. a great great read! :)

Mandy said...

Is that where you've been? Reading? I've missed the Daisy updates. I guess I need to head to the bookstore!

Annaca said...

I'm totally going to read this! I love/hate waiting for sequels :) Plus, have you ever read the Fablehaven books? They're a little more "children's lit" but oh-so-good! The 4th book came out Tuesday and I finished it Wednesday (talk about abandoning my family). I have them if you want to borrow.

JLJ said...

THanks for the recommendation. I'm always on the hunt for a good book.

Kristin said...

Oohhh... I can't wait to read it. Is it buy-able?? or should I just find and borrow. I was thinking I need a good book lately. Thanks for the recommendation.

Stacy said...

I just had to come tell you that we think you look just like the chick in "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas"... the movie, not the book. Congrats!

Megan Andersen said...

I'm so going to take your advice & order this book! Thanks, I will definitely let you know what I think of it.

MegaPPod said...

Sounds interesting, and how can I pass up a Daisy recommendation. Hope you are all well!

Megan Lofgran said...

Hilarious! I'll definitely be checking that one out, those are my kind of books!

Mindi said...

daisy--just wanted to tell you that right after i read this i ordered the book. just read the whole thing in 2 days and it was AWESOME. seriously. i am gonna shout it from the rooftops.

thanks for the heads up--let me know ir there are any more that i should read!

Mandy said...

OK...really?? March 23rd...You know it's MAY right?? TIme to update!!!

Megan Andersen said...

Hey Daisy! I am switching my blog el priveto, so drop by & leave me your email when you get a sec. Thanks!!